This probate sales activity report includes probate sales in Santa Clara County in April 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from April 1st through April 30, 2017 extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of May 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums and townhouses.
Probate Sales Activity April 2017
- 8 Active Probate Properties for Sale
- 6 single family homes, 1 townhouse and 1 condominium
- 5 probate sales and 3 trust sales
- 15 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 12 single family homes, 1 town home and 2 condominiums
- 15 are probate sales
- 11 Sold Probate Homes
- 7 single family homes and 1 condo and 3 townhomes
- 9 were probate sales and two trust sales
- Average List Price: $658,695 – an increase from the previous month
- Average Sale Price: $714,173 – an increase from the previous month
- Average Days on Market: 39
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price probate home sold did not require court confirmation. It was a single family home located in Berryessa 95133 in San Jose. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, approximately 2,206 square feet of living space on approximately 6,000 square foot lot. It was 39 years young. It first listed on February 10, 2017 at $899,950. On March 10, 2017 the price was increased to $920,000. On March 21, 2017 the MLS reported pending status. On April 28, 2017 it was reported sold. Final sales price reported was $980,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
- The lowest price probate home sold did not require court confirmation and was a trust sale. It was a single family home located in Gilroy 95020. It had 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 811 square feet on a 4,681 square foot lot. The home was 116 years young. It first listed on May 26, 2016 for $359,900. On November 13, 2016 the price was reduced to $$349,900. On December 22, 2016 the MLS status was changed to pending. On January 3, 2017 the status was changed back to active. On February 2,, 2917 the status changed to pending again. On February 14, 2017 the status was changed back to active. On February 26, 2017 the status was changed to pending. On March 14, 2017 the status was changed to active. On March 23, 2017 the status was change to pending. On April 21, 2017 the the status changed to sold after after 11 months on the market and having been under contract three times. Final sales price was $350,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We are here to help.