This probate sales activity report includes probate sales in Santa Clara County in February 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from February 1st through February 28, 2017 extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of March 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums and townhouses.
Probate Sales Activity February 2017
- 10 Active Probate Properties for Sale
- All single family homes
- All probate sales
- 13 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 11 single family homes, 1 townhouse and 1 condo
- 11 of the 13 pending sales are probate sales, 2 are trust sales
- 9 Sold Probate Homes
- 8 single family homes and 1 townhouse
- 7 of the 9 sold homes were probate sales, 2 were trust sales
- Average List Price: $1,017,439
- Average Sale Price: $1,069,667
- Average Days on Market: 30
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price probate home sold did not require court confirmation. It was a single family home located in Saratoga, 95070. It has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, approximately 2.053 square feet of living space on approximately 11,832 square foot lot. It listed on January 6, 2017 for $1,400,000. It was withdrawn from the MLS on January 12,2017 and was relisted on the MLS on January 20, 2017 at an increased list price of $1,550,000. A pending sale was reported on February 1, 2017. The sale was reported closed on February 28, 2017. Final sales price reported was $2,000,000. The sale was all cash.
- The lowest price probate home sold did not require court confirmation. It was a single family home located in Alum Rock area of San Jose, 95116. It had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1,111 square feet on a 5,624 square foot lot. The home was 78 years young. It first listed on November 10, 2016 for $525,000. It was reported under contract on November 23, 2016 and reported active again on December 9, 2016. The sale was reported pending (under contract) again on December 19, 2016. The sale was reported closed on February 17, 2017. Final sales price was $500,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
People often ask me why I chose to specialize in probate. I feel at some level it chose me. My experience as a probate and estate planning paralegal, and the many years I managed the care for my mom, made me realize there are many people who need my probate expertise, and there are people who appreciate a kind, caring and compassionate heart as well. I bring a wealth of knowledge and experience as well as deep understanding of what people go through managing the estate of a loved one.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We are here to help.