This probate sales activity report includes probate sales in Santa Clara County in June 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from June 1st through June 30, 2017 extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of July 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums and townhouses.
Probate Sales Activity June 2017
- 5 Active Probate Properties for Sale
- All single family homes
- 4 probate sales and 1 trust sale
- 14 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 11 single family homes, 1 town home and 2 condominiums
- 12 are probate sales and 2 trust sales
- 9 Sold Probate Homes
- 8 single family homes and 1 town home
- 7 were probate sales and 2 trust sales
- Average List Price: $1,095,220
- Average Sale Price: $1,148,333
- Average Days on Market: 17
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold did not require court confirmation. The property was held in trust and the trustees live out of state. It was a single family home located in Los Altos 94024. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, approximately 1,914 square feet of living space on approximately 14,000 square foot lot. It was 59 years young. It listed on May 24, 2017. List price $2,450,000. On May 25, 2017 the MLS reported pending status. On June 23, 2017 it was reported sold. Final sales price reported was $2,800,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
- The lowest price home sold did not require court confirmation. It was a probate sale managed under IAEA. It was a single family home located in San Jose 95133. It had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,081 square feet on a 5,800 square foot lot. The home was 60 years young. It listed on March 22, 2017 for $560,000. On March 31, 2017 the MLS status was changed to pending. On June 2, 2017 the status changed to sold. Final sales price was $635,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We are here to help.