This probate sales activity report includes probate and trust sales in Santa Clara County in September 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from September 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017 extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of October 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums and townhouses and may not include “off market” sales.
Probate & Trust Sales Activity September 2017
- 1 Active property for Sale
- Single family home
- Probate / Guardianship sale
- 16 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 13 single family homes and 3 condominiums
- 14 probate sales, 1 trust sale, and 1 conservator sale
- 5 Sold Homes
- 3 single family homes, 1 town home, 1 condo
- 5 were probate sales
- Average List Price: $974,277
- Average Sale Price: $1,178,756
- Average Days on Market: 35
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold was a single family home located in Palo Alto 94303. The sale did require court confirmation. The home has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, approximately 2,200 square feet of living space on approximately 11,550 square foot lot. It was 67 years young. It listed on May 11, 2017. List price $2,588,888 subject to overbid. On September 18, 2017 the MLS reported pending status. On September 29, 2017 it was reported sold. Final sales price reported was $3,510,000. It was a cash sale.
- The lowest price home sold was a condominium located in San Jose 95133. It had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and approximately 798 square feet living space. It listed on April 12, 2017 for $365,888. On May 3, 2017 the MLS status was changed to pending. On September 1, 2017 the status changed to sold. Final sales price was $413,000. It was a cash sale subject to court confirmation.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We’re here to help.