This probate sales activity report includes probate and trust sales in Santa Clara County in December 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from December 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017, extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of January 2, 2018. The data includes single family homes, condominiums, and townhouses and may not include “off-market” sales.
Probate & Trust Sales Activity December 2017
- 2 Active properties for Sale
- Both Single-family home
- Both Probate
- 5 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 4 single family homes, 1 townhouse
- 4 probate sales, 1 trust sale
- 8 Sold Homes
- 5 single family homes, 3 condominiums
- 7 probate sales and 1 Trust
- Average List Price: $737,354
- Average Sale Price: $790,000
- Average Days on Market: 14
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold was a single family home located in Cambrian Park 95124. The sale did require court confirmation and approval. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, approximately 1,169 square feet of living space and a nearly 10,000 square foot lot! It was 63 years old. It listed on September 26, 2017. List price $1,189,000. On October 13, 2017, the MLS reported pending status. On December 8, 2017, it was reported sold. The final sales price reported was $1,200,000. It was reported to have 7 offers. It was a cash sale.
- The lowest price home sold was a condominium located in Blossom Valley San Jose 95123. It had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and approximately 810 square feet living space. It listed on November 3, 2017, for $388,000. On November 13, 2017, the MLS status was changed to pending. On December 22, 2017, the status changed to sold. The final sales price was $425,000. It was a cash sale. Court confirmation was not required.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling property in probate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We’re here to help.