Are you looking to purchase a Willow Glen Home?
2142 Ellen Ave, San Jose, CA 95125 is now available to purchase!
The Successor Trustee listed this charming Willow Glen home for sale situated on a beautiful tree-lined street.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Full Bathroom Complete with Bathtub with shower and Walk-In Stall Shower
- Half bathroom
- Living Room Dining Combination
- Wood Burning Fireplace
- Recessed Lighting
- Hardwood Floors
- Kitchen with Nook and Breakfast Bar
- Inside Laundry
- Dual Pane Windows
- Forced Air Heat and Air Conditioning
- 1,479 Square Feet of Living Space
- 8,678 Square Feet Corner Lot
- Beautifully Landscaped Front Yard
- Low Maintenance Backyard
- List Price $1,258,888
Successor Trustee Selling a Willow Glen Home
Trusts are as unique as the person who created their trust. When the creator of a trust passes away, the successor trustee named in the trust has fiduciary duties to uphold in managing the trust. Managing trust is not an easy job. Some people understand the magnitude of the task however most people underestimate the amount of work and time involved.
A high standard of care and prudence is expected when managing the assets of another person.
Among the assets managed by a successor trustee is real property. When selling real property it is prudent to hire a local real estate agent that is certified in probate and trust real estate sales. Certification alone is not enough. Exercising a high standard of care, the successor trustee must know the person they hire is experienced in trust sales.
Most people would not know if the person they hired is not experienced in trust sales. Many agents don’t know the successor trustee is exempt from certain disclosures. We know this to be true because of the calls we receive from confused people asking for help. The stories we hear make our heads spin.
What a Successor Trustee Should Expect From Their Real Estate Agent
It does not hurt to repeat what’s been stated above – let’s start with the Three E’s.
- Experience – knowledge “should” come from experience however it is not always the case with people who have been managing trust sales incorrectly and they don’t even know it. It happens!
- Explain the listing agreement in detail, answer all of your questions, and ensure you understand what you are signing before you are asked to sign anything.
- Educate you on the disclosures – what you are required to disclose as well as exempt seller disclosures.
Your real estate agent needs to listen and understand your specific needs. We have worked for out-of-town and out-of-state successor trustees that need specialized help with taking possession of a home following a sheriff eviction. Your agent must know the process, communicate with the real estate eviction attorney, and be on standby for the sheriff’s deputy on the day of the eviction.
- Some clients do not feel comfortable signing documents electronically. Your real estate agent needs to honor this and not require electronic signatures.
- Collaborate and communicate with the trust attorney. Did the attorney file an Affidavit of Death?
- Provide status updates no less than weekly once the home is listed for sale.
- Answer calls and emails from real estate agents showing the home.
- Provide clear offer writing instructions agents. We cannot assume everyone knows the proper forms to use.
- Work with a title and escrow company experienced in trusts.
A successor trustee is wise to ask a lot of questions when interviewing real estate agents to sell a Willow Glen home or anywhere in San Jose or Silicon Valley. Don’t be afraid to ask:
- What is their background?
- What did they do before becoming a real estate agent?
- Level of Education?
- Are they certified in trust sales?
- Where did they get their training?
- Obtain a copy of their certificate.
- Ask if they will promise to deliver what you expect from them. Will they put that in writing in the listing agreement?
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist
Kathleen Daniels is certified in Professional Fiduciary Management for Trustees and a Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist. The successor trustee of this Willow Glen home completed home, termite, and chimney inspections. All reports and disclosures are available for review. An offer deadline is set for December 30, 2019, by 1 pm. Contact Kathleen Daniels at 408-972-1822 for a private showing.