This probate sales activity report includes probate and trust sales in Santa Clara County in August 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from August 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017 extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of September 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums and townhouses and may not include “off market” sales.
Probate & Trust Sales Activity August 2017
- 2 Active properties for Sale
- Both single family homes
- Both probate sales
- 16 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 13 single family homes and 3 condominiums
- 14 probate sales, 1 trust sale, and one conservator sale
- 7 Sold Homes
- 6 single family homes and 1 town home
- 6 were probate sales and 1 trust sale
- Average List Price: $674,686
- Average Sale Price: $704,607
- Average Days on Market: 14
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold was a single family home located in Santa Clara 95054. The seller was the court appointed conservator. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, approximately 1,170 square feet of living space on approximately 7,100 square foot lot. It was 57 years young. It listed on July 7, 2017. List price $879,000. On July 13, 2017 the MLS reported pending status. On August 11, 2017 it was reported sold. Final sales price reported was $950,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
- The lowest price home sold was a single family home located in San Jose 95112. It had 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, approximately 1,400 square feet living space on a 2,312 square foot lot. The home was 116 years old. It listed on June 14, 2017 for $550,000. On June 23, 2017 the MLS status was changed to pending. On August 30, 2017 the status changed to sold. Final sales price was $475,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We are here to help.