This probate sales activity report includes probate and trust sales in Santa Clara County in November 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from November 1, 2017, through November 30, 2017, extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of December 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums, and townhouses and may not include “off-market” sales.
Probate & Trust Sales Activity November 2017
- 2 Active properties for Sale
- 1 Single-family home
- 1 Townhouse
- 9 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 6 single family homes, 3 condominiums
- 8 probate sales, 1 trust sale
- 4 Sold Homes
- 2 single family homes, 1 condominium, and 1 townhouse
- 3 probate sales and 1 Trust
- Average List Price: $580,738
- Average Sale Price: $579,500
- Average Days on Market: 22
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold was a townhouse located in Morgan Hill 95037. The sale did not require court confirmation. The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, approximately 2,338 square feet of living space. It was 31 years old. It listed on October 7, 2017. List price $699,000. On October 24, 2017, the MLS reported pending status. On November 13, 2017, it was reported sold. The final sales price reported was $685,000. The buyer had conventional financing.
- The lowest price home sold was a condominium located in Blossom Valley San Jose 95123. It had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and approximately 810 square feet living space. It listed on October 17, 2017, for $499,950. On October 26, 2017, the MLS status was changed to pending. On November 22, 2017, the status changed to sold. The final sales price was $470,000. It was a cash sale. Court confirmation was not required.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling property in probate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We’re here to help.