This probate sales activity report includes probate and trust sales in Santa Clara County in October 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from October 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017 extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of November 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums and townhouses and may not include “off market” sales.
Probate & Trust Sales Activity October 2017
- 3 Active properties for Sale
- 2 Single family homes
- 1 condominium
- 2 Probate and 1 trust
- 8 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 4 single family homes, 3 condominiums and 1 townhome
- 6 probate sales, 1 trust sale, and 1 guardianship
- 13 Sold Homes
- 11 single family homes and 2 condominiums
- 12 probate sales and 1 Conservatorship
- Average List Price: $807,137
- Average Sale Price: $859,812
- Average Days on Market: 13
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold was a single family home located in Palo Alto 94306. The sale did not require court confirmation. The home has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, approximately 1,066 square feet of living space on approximately 6,400 square foot lot. It was 66 years young. It listed on September 9, 2017. List price $1,749,000. On September 15, 2017 the MLS reported pending status. On October 5, 2017 it was reported sold. Final sales price reported was $1,812,000. It was a cash sale. The value of the sale was in the land. Home was in very poor condition as reported in the MLS.
- The lowest price home sold was a condominium located in Blossom Valley San Jose 95123. It had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and approximately 903 square feet living space. It listed on August 30, 2017 for $389,950. On September 11, 2017 the MLS status was changed to pending. On October 20, 2017 the status changed to sold. Final sales price was $415,000. Buyer had conventional financing. Court confirmation was not required.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We’re here to help.