This probate sales activity report includes probate and trust sales in Santa Clara County in January 2018. This report is comprised of statistical data from January 1, 2018, through January 31, 2018, extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of February 1, 2018. The data includes single family homes, condominiums, and townhouses and may not include “off-market” sales.
Probate & Trust Sales Activity January 2018
- 3 Active properties for Sale
- All Single-family homes
- Both Probate
- 2 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- Both single family homes
- Both probate sales
- 6 Sold Homes
- 5 single family homes, 1 townhouse
- 5 probate sales and 1 Trust
- Average List Price: $1,229,667
- Average Sale Price: $1,348,612
- Average Days on Market: 13
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold was a single family home located in Sunnyvale 94087. The sale did not require court confirmation and approval. The home has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, approximately 2,360 square feet of living space and a nearly 7,200 square foot lot. The home was 50 years old. It listed on December 6, 2017. List price $1,995,000. On December 15, 2017, the MLS reported pending status. On January 11, 2018, it was reported sold. The final sales price reported was $2,376,673. The buyer had conventional financing.
- The lowest price home sold was a single family home located in Willow Glen San Jose 95125. It had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and approximately 1,176 square feet living space on a 6,624 square feet lot. It listed on November 2, 2017, for $585,000. On November 15, 2017, the MLS status was changed to pending. On January 19, 2018, the status changed to sold. The final sales price was $615,000. It was a cash sale. Court confirmation was not required.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling property in probate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We’re here to help.