This probate sales activity report includes probate sales in Santa Clara County in June 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from June 1st through June 30, 2017, extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of July 1, 2017. The data includes single-family homes, condominiums, and townhouses.
Probate Sales Activity June 2017
- 5 Active Probate Properties for Sale
- All single-family homes
- 4 probate sales and 1 trust sale
- 14 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 11 single-family homes, 1 townhome, and 2 condominiums
- 12 are probate sales and 2 trust sales
- 9 Sold Probate Homes
- 8 single-family homes and 1 townhome
- 7 were probate sales and 2 trust sales
- Average List Price: $1,095,220
- Average Sale Price: $1,148,333
- Average Days on the Market: 17
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest-price home sold did not require court confirmation. The property was held in trust and the trustees live out of state. It was a single-family home located in Los Altos 94024. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and approximately 1,914 square feet of living space on an approximately 14,000 square foot lot. It was 59 years young. It was listed on May 24, 2017. The list price was $2,450,000. On May 25, 2017, the MLS reported pending status. On June 23, 2017, it was reported sold. The final sales price reported was $2,800,000. The buyer had conventional financing.
- The lowest-price home sold did not require court confirmation. It was a probate sale managed under IAEA. It was a single-family home located in San Jose 95133. It had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,081 square feet on a 5,800 square foot lot. The home was 60 years young. It was listed on March 22, 2017, for $560,000. On March 31, 2017, the MLS status was changed to pending. On June 2, 2017, the status changed to sold. The final sales price was $635,000. The buyer had conventional financing.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office at 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We are here to help.