This probate sales activity report includes probate and trust sales in Santa Clara County in July 2017. This report is comprised of statistical data from July 1st through July 31, 2017 extracted from our local Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as of August 1, 2017. The data includes single family homes, condominiums and townhouses.
Probate & Trust Sales Activity July 2017
- 2 Active properties for Sale
- Both single family homes
- Both probate sales
- 17 Pending Sales (Under Contract)
- 14 single family homes and 3 condominiums
- 16 are probate sales and 1 trust sale
- 10 Sold Homes
- 9 single family homes and 1 condominium
- 9 were probate sales and 1 trust sale
- Average List Price: $867,289
- Average Sale Price: $897,750
- Average Days on Market: 15
Looking at “averages” only gives us a snapshot of the entire market. Home prices vary all throughout San Jose and the entire Silicon Valley. The location and condition of a home will always impact value. This is true of all home sales not just Probate and Trust Sales.
- The highest price home sold did not require court confirmation. It was a single family home located in Mountain View 94040. It has 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, approximately 2,439 square feet of living space on approximately 11,235 square foot lot. It was 54 years young. It listed on June 1, 2017. List price $2,459,000. On June 9, 2017 the MLS reported pending status. On July 11, 2017 it was reported sold. Final sales price reported was $2,530,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
- The lowest price home sold did not require court confirmation. It was a probate sale managed under IAEA. It was a condominium located in San Jose 95111. It had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and 822 square feet living space. The condo was 34 years young. It listed on May 2, 2017 for $358,888. On May 23, 2017 the MLS status was changed to pending. On July 7, 2017 the status changed to sold. Final sales price was $350,000. Buyer had conventional financing.
While many aspects of probate sales may be similar to a non-probate sale of real property, a Personal Representative is well advised to seek a qualified real estate agent to represent them in the sale of a probate and trust home. We live in a highly specialized world today. Hiring a Certified Probate Agent is just as important as hiring an attorney who specializes in probate.
If you need an attorney who specializes in Probate I am happy to recommend one. If you already have an attorney and simply need help with selling probate real estate then give me a call. I may be reached at my office 408.972.1822 or on my cell at 408.499.8751. If you prefer, you may request a consultation. We are here to help.